Saturday, October 27, 2007

It begins

October 16, 2007


With the second day of class comes a sense of relief. I've satisfyingly sampled every course and am fairly pleased with the outcome, my favorite by far being the Creative Writing, which comes at the end of the 5 class cycle. A good ending. The professor is a withered, scatterbrained, grey haired man full of random literary quotes. I sit in the middle of the classroom and take in every word that escapes his mouth. His teaching methods remind me of how I would teach; if I ever became a teacher. No grades, except what the university requires. No required reading; why would I force someone to read something they don't want to read? It only causes them to hate it. Just each student writing what they feel inside them. Yes, things will turn out fine after all.

No comments: