Thursday, November 1, 2007

Life's Little Surprises...

Sometimes life surprises you. Those are the moments to live for. The times you wake up in the morning thinking it will be an ordinary day and something extraordinary happens. Life threw me one of those surprises yesterday. A few weeks ago I met this girl from Bosnia. We have nothing in common; or so I thought. I went to a Journalism workshop with her at Ha'aretz and the walk to the bus stop gave us the opportunity to really get to know each other. We talked about our experiences and how we miss certain things about home. I found we are more similar than I originally thought. Shows where first impressions get you, if you base things on them.
It's good to give things and people a chance, despite what you think at first. You'll either be pleasantly surprised or you'll confirm what you already suspected. How could that hurt?

No comments: