Saturday, October 27, 2007

... Here We Are

July 31, 2007

I'm currently sitting inside the cafe on campus, sipping a lemonade. Yes, I made it in one piece! Just barely, though.

Okay, before I get too far ahead... the ride from Atlanta was uneventful, after you got passed the fact that it was delayed 3 hours due to "unstable" weather in New York. Thus, I missed my second flight out of JFK. That's alright, though. I only sat around the airport for 7 hours. I got to have New York style pizza... which I found to be utterly disgusting. Sorry to all of you pizza lovers.

So, after finally landing at Ben Gurion I was taken straight to the dorms where another surprise was awaiting me! The dorms are so nasty. No elevators, and 4 flights of stairs to climb to get to my room. Thankfully I'm not on the top floor!

Once we were settled we hit the sack for a long night of tossing and turning. None of us in my dorm slept well. And we had orientation today along with the Hebrew placement test, which I failed miserably. I literally wrote my name down and circled no to all the questions about knowing Hebrew.

Then we decided it was time to have a decent meal, so the four of us dorm mates took off to explore Tel Aviv. We ate dinner beside the Med. Sea and then explored a little more, finally deciding to return here where I'm finally able to update!

So, I have some pictures for all of you, then I'm going to hit the sack, seeing how it's 2:20AM and I've been awake since almost 6...

No comments: