Saturday, October 27, 2007

Adjusting...

August 09, 2007

Hebrew is one messed up language. I don’t understand how it can be the language of G-d’s people. It doesn’t make any sense! I can’t even get the alefbet down!! There’s like 31 freakin’ letters! And about 15 of them look exactly the same, but those 15 all have different sounds. I swear, I’m going to end up either killing someone or committing suicide before this ulpan course is finished. No… I can do it. I must be optimistic.

So today is Thursday. Tonight is Israel’s Friday night. I’m going to go have a cappuccino, read a book, and talk to friends. This is what goes down in Israel. Well, that and clubbing but that’s not really the ideal thing for me. I’d much rather chill after a long week of intense classes. Yes, coffee and a book. Does that make me a party pooper?

So, maybe you’re wondering how I’m adjusting to college life? Heh, being a college student is definitely new to me. Well, the whole classroom setting in general is new. Heck, everything is new basically! The dorm life, the classroom, the town, the country! Everything! The only thing I can cling to that’s familiar is my every-other-day-calls home; that and the internet. What would I do without it? Thank you, whoever invented this wonderful modernity (does that work? Modernity?)! I think the weirdest thing for me, and I’m going to sound so naïve when I say this, is the fact that there are guys living across the hall and they come over to hang in our dorm because theirs “isn’t clean,” as they say. They’re cool though, so it won’t take long to get used to.

We’re getting internet in our room (hopefully) tomorrow! I’ll be so excited when I can check e-mails and update my blog and do research without having to pack everything up and lug it down to the café. I won’t know what to do with myself! I’ll be so spoiled (not).

Well, that’s my update. If you want me to be specific or something then just, you know, e-mail or comment or skype me or myspace message me… you know, there are so many ways to contact me thanks to the internet. Haha, I’m going to kiss whoever was the actual mastermind behind all this.

No comments: