Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My First Week

I've fallen into the Ulpan hole and I can't get out. Okay, so it's not that bad. I'm learning and I'm getting comfortable speaking. I have a great class that I'm not afraid to mess up in front of, which is good since I'm always messing up. The first test was today and I don't feel incredibly awful about it so I suppose that's a good thing.
Things at Hebrew U are going very smoothly. I love the people I've met so far; I love my dorm room; I love the area; I love living in the Holy City; I love the weather! Yes, everything is better here. Especially when you have a view like this every evening!:
Yep. That's the view from my bedroom window. So amazing. And five times a day you can hear the Islamic call to prayer. Such a reminder of the magical place I've found myself in... Even if I dearly miss my Tel Aviv friends. Love you fabulous people!
So, Ulpan ends on the 21st of this month and then on the 24th we start our semester. I'm excited! There are some fabulous classes available. I just won't know what to do with myself since I only have to take four classes; and one of them is Hebrew, which for some reason doesn't seem to count in my head.
I'm hoping to get some new photos uploaded to my shutterfly account soon, but you know how I am so we'll see how soon "soon" really is.

No comments: